Monday, September 3, 2018

Paco's Final Perspective


Today I lost a good friend. Paco lost his long battle with respiratory disease. He was a great guy. I can’t imagine coming home every day without him twirling at the gate and barking, “Hello, glad to see you!” When Janet insisted I got a dog I was ill, depressed and on many medications. When Paco came into my life I became happier and got off all medications. Thank-you, dear friend and companion, I will miss you. Sometime, while at your Labor Day BBQ raise your glass to Poquito Paco Bell that toe-lickin’, panty-suckin, wine-drinkin’, obsessive-twirling dog.

Below is Paco’s Final Perspective:
I lived for thirteen dog years that is somewhere around ninety in people years, so I guess that would make me a wise, old sage. Let me give readers some sage advice: 

1.  Live like a dog!  
Every day is a new adventure for a dog. Dog’s take delight in the little things. Take my advice and do what dog’s do: chase lizards, sniff your companions, wag your tail when a loved one walks in the room, bark at the neighbors (Be careful! Sometimes they bark back!), give furry kisses, beg for treats and go for long walks. 

2.   Love like a dog!  
Love unconditionally: be happy EVERY TIME you see your person, wag your tail and make eye contact when your person walks in the room, give your person lots of slobbery kisses even when they say, “Stop!” 

3.  Listen like a dog!  
     Racing in the Rain , one of Cathy’s faves, is the story of a Dog, Enzo, whom belongs to a racecar driver and his family. Enzo believes that when he dies he will come back as a man. Enzo is a very wise dog and people could learn a lot from him. In one passage, Enzo explains how important it is to listen like a dog:
“Here is why I will be a good person. Because I listen. I cannot speak, so I listen very well. I never interrupt, I never change the course of the conversation with a comment of my own. People, if you pay attention to them, change the direction of one another’s conversations constantly. It’s like having a passenger in your car who suddenly grabs the wheel and turns you down a side street. Learn to listen, I beg of you. Pretend you are a dog like me and listen to other people rather than steal their stories.” 

4.   TWIRL!  
I twirled! I twirled when I went out the door. I twirled when I came in the door. I twirled when I went for walks with Darrell. I couldn’t stop myself. I was a happy guy, so I twirled. No one can be sad when twirling, so when you’re feeling blue or you’re angry JUST TWIRL! Trust this wise, old sage, you’re going to feel so much better!

Below are some of my favorite blogs about me, if one wishes to reminisce:

The Flip Side
Where's Paco? Did he get to go for a walk without me?



Osa's Opinion
Good-bye, my friend, I will miss you. Just think you don't have to wear those annoying costumes for the Christmas card!


Paco's Final and Last Perspective
Holy Guacamole, mi amigos, it's really cool where I am. Endless treats and soft, green grass as far as the eye can see!


1 comment:

  1. This was the most beautiful tribute. I'll never forget him and the joy he brought to your life.

    ReplyDelete