Sunday, March 15, 2015

Nanny, Nanny, Poo-Poo, Karma Got a Hold of You

-->
kar ma (kahr-muh) noun Hinduism, Buddhism action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation; fate; destiny






When I first started teaching many years ago there was a horrible second grader where I taught. Let’s call him The Devil’s Spawn. He was the worst. Every day he was in the office or being dragged to the office and I mean literally dragged.



One day I observed my principal, a skinny, young thang in heels trying to drag The Devil’s Spawn to the office. Every couple of feet he would drop to the ground and refused to get up. She would yank him up and proceed to drag him a few feet farther. I could tell she was losing steam, so I came up behind them and when she yanked him off the ground I positioned my wheelchair under him and she placed him in my lap. I wrapped my arm around him while she held his hands and we proceeded to the office with The Devil’s Spawn screaming in a hoarse voice and kicking my legs the entire time.



Every day after that incident, The Devil’s Spawn would see me and growl. Every time he walked by me, he would sing under his breath, “I hate Miss Cunningham!” or “Miss Cunningham is ugly!” and I would just smile that knowing smile. This went on for months and then his time came.



I was on my way to the office and The Devil’s Spawn was sitting in the breezeway to the office crying. I went up to him and asked in my sweet teacher voice, “What’s wrong, Buddy?”

He bawled, “I have to go to the oooooffice annnnnnnd my mommmmmy said if I have to go to the ooooffice one more time she will take all my t-t-t-toys away from me.”



I looked around and noticed we were the only ones in the breezeway, so I leaned in close to his face, smiled and snickered, “Ha, ha you’re in trouble.” And then I sang, “Nanny, nanny, poo-poo, karma got a hold of you!”  As I drove away I said, ‘Have a great day at home sitting in your room with no toys.”



As I rounded the corner, I heard him wail, “I don’t waaaant karmaaaaaaa to get me! Whaaat’s karmaaaa?”



There are some people that I can’t wait for karma to get a hold of and I am sure there are those that waiting for me to get a visit from karma.





Paco’s Perspective

I am thinking karma and God are the same person.





The Flip Side



So those bunnies that sit outside the fence and point and laugh at me will eventually get a visit from karma? I hope I’m there to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment