Today is 10/10/10. Astrologists go batty over days like today. Today is a great day for weddings because it is suppose to be a lucky day. Today has three ones in the date which makes it even more special. Apparently, three ones signifies ambition. The astrologist on the Today show said everyone should write down three ambitions and be sure to reach high. I am a rule follower, so here are my three ambitions:
1. I want to buy a house. I know that doesn't sound like an ambition that is difficult to reach, but it is a huge ambition. Since August 1st, I have "thrown out fleece" on three homes. (Throwing out fleece is putting bids on many homes and waiting for one to materialize.) I have thrown out enough fleece that I could dress a pack of big bad wolves in sheep's clothing. I have been told, "The bank will make a decision next week," more times than I can count. My ambition is that at the end of this month I will be packing my bags. Notice I didn't say next week because that would be reaching too high.
2. I want to be okay financially. I don't want to be a millionaire. I don't want tons of toys. I want a house. I want transportation that I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on repairs monthly. I want to be able continue to work. I want to take the boys for a walk everyday. I just want to be okay. YIKES, that doesn't sound too ambitious!
3. I want every child at Tomahawk School to read on grade level and develop a solid love for reading. Okay, this one many people would think is very ambitious. Call me crazy but I don't think this is too ambitious. I have such faith in the staff and students at Tomahawk that I truly believe that this is possible. The first step to achieving is believing. Teachers must believe that ALL their students can achieve and they must expect ALL of them to achieve. We, teachers, must instill a sense of self-belief in every student we come in contact with not just the students in our individual classrooms. Believers are achievers!
So, that's it, there they are - my three not so ambitious ambitions. But believers are achievers, so I will be packing my bags by the end of the month and I will be okay and ALL the students at Tomahawk Elementary will be readers. Quick, go write down your ambitions before extraordinary 10/10/10 becomes just plain, old, ordinary 10/11/10, or you could wait until 11/11/11 now there are some ones for you!
1. I want to beat Flip at a race.
2. I want to eat all the treats I want and not get more stocky.
3. I want to be everyone's "one and only".
The Flip Side
1. I want to catch a lizard.
2. I want to catch a lizard.
3. I want to catch a lizard.